Have you ever found yourself on social media just mindlessly scrolling and before you realise it, an hour or more has passed? It can be a massive time suck and can leave you feeling worse than when you started. I totally understand AND its not your fault, its designed to keep you hooked. But what if we become intentional about how we use it, and see it as a way to connect. We have to accept that it’s here and a part of our lives, so why not use IT, instead of it using US?
In this week’s episode Katie and I talk about our own feelings about social media. We both have conflicting feelings because we can see the negative impact it is having on our lives and the lives of other people. So instead of talking about just the negative things about it we decided to share how we can live with social media and how Katie and I use it to connect, build relationships and increase positivity in our lives. After-all that’s how Katie and I met.
In this episode you will hear:
- What we both love about it and how we use it in our own lives and businesses.
- Positivity versus negativity.
- Why do we even have social media and why are we using it?
- Why it’s so important to be mindful when using it.
- Is it really creating authentic connection or more isolation?
- How we believe it’s become a habit rather than a conscious choice.
- Why it’s important to do a social media cleanse/declutter.
- How we are intentional about who we allow into our space/minds.
- How Sue uses it for self-growth by noticing when she is triggered.
- Why we have a fear of removing ourselves from a page/group.
- Our tips on how we use it.
- How we show up in our truth when we feel connected.
- Why we believe being intentional is key to using social media.
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love to hear about it. Take a screenshot and post it to Instagram, with hashtag #BeingYouPodcast and please tag us, @susanjdeans and @katiekahvo.
We would also love it if you left a review at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/being-you-podcast/id1450208785