Learning to accept whatever is happening in your life can be very challenging and its usually where we find the most suffering. Today Katie and I have a conversation around stress & overwhelm and practicing acceptance. Byron Katie has a book called “Loving What Is”, and she says that suffering comes from resisting what is happening in our lives. This was a huge lesson for me (Sue) and this concept helped me understand that a lot of my suffering (stress & overwhelm) came from trying to control things that were out of my control, instead of focussing on what was in my control, which was how I felt about what was happening in any moment and making the choice to see it from a different perspective.
In this episode we talk about:
- Resisting “What Is”.
- Learning to accept any situation, can change the way we see it and ultimately feel about it.
- Looking at what we can control instead of what we can’t.
- Why acceptance is key to managing stress and overwhelm.
- What does it mean to truly accept?
- Creating awareness, and practicing it daily.
- Seeing things from a different perspective.
- How slowing down can help speed things up.
- Where is the stress? Whose stress is it?
- Slowing down to speed up.
- Is stress and overwhelm a habit?
- Forgiveness, self-compassion and letting go.
- Acceptance is also a learning opportunity.
- Why communicating with others is important.
- We share our key takeaways.
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love to hear about it. Take a screenshot and post it to Instagram, with hashtag #BeingYouPodcast and please tag us, @susanjdeans and @katiekahvo.
We would also love it if you left a review at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/being-you-podcast/id1450208785