Have you ever found yourself in a situation where someone says something and you find yourself getting angry, sad, frustrated and believe they have done something to make you feel that way? You are not alone, we all experience this. In today’s episode Katie and Sue open up the conversation around what triggers are, and how we can use those triggers to learn more about ourselves and create positive change and inner peace.
In this episode we talk about:
- What is a trigger?
- Are they good or bad?
- Where do our triggers come from?
- What happens in our bodies when we feel triggered?
- The importance of listening to our bodies.
- Why we need to get curious about our triggers and look inwards rather than out.
- Why self-compassion can help when we are triggered.
- Where our triggers come from.
- Using awareness to help you move through a trigger.
- Judgment, shame and vulnerability.
- How meditation can help.
- Focus on what is in your control and accepting the rest.
- How to move through a trigger by choosing to be vulnerable.
- The power of being in the moment.
Brene Brown https://brenebrown.com/
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love to hear about it. Take a screenshot and post it to Instagram, with hashtag #BeingYouPodcast and please tag us, @susanjdeans and @katiekahvo.
We would also love it if you left a review at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/being-you-podcast/id1450208785