This weeks episode is a solo conversation I (Sue) had with friend Jennifer Forster. There are some people in your life that you just click with, who love and accept you for who you are. Jen is one of those people and the best example of someone living their truth. But it wasn’t always that way for her. In this episode we talk about her journey and her new book she has just released.
Jen and I always have the best conversations and this was no exception. It was a little longer than usual but, I know you will get so much out of it. If you are feeling a little stuck and are ready to create a change in your life, this is the podcast for you.
I could list off all her qualifications and achievements, her experience as a business woman, entrepreneur, life coach and author, but these would just be the facts. What I really want you to know about Jen, and the Jen that I know, is: she talks a lot and is loud (her words), she loves dark chocolate and red wine, she has identified an overachiever that lives inside her called “Odette”, she believes connection is critical to well-being and she abhors cruelty or bullying. Her heart expands when she is in nature and contracts when she ignores its whispers. She focuses on what’s right as opposed to what’s wrong, as a practice to open her heart and expand her soul. Behind her drive, determination, gypsy spirit and constantly curious nature is a woman who covets, above all else, her inner peace.
In this episode we talk about:
- What are identities and where do they come from?
- Our default reactions to any situation help show us our unconscious identity.
- Creating awareness around our identity and how it affects our lives.
- Jen shares her identity, her overachiever she fondly names “Odette”.
- How she fell into a deep depression even though she had achieved all her goals.
- Why its important to listen for the warning signs, and how to do that.
- One question Jen asked herself that created so much fear in her but changed her life.
- Conscious vs unconscious goals.
- Jen shares a story of where her “overachiever” came from.
- How she saw Achievement as equally love.
- The importance of listening to your heart.
- Jen shares the 4 stages to transformation from her new book – “Power of a Peaceful Woman” and some exercise for you to practice.
- Awareness – what is it and how to create it?
- Area of Control
- Jen shares a few exercises to get you started, and we finished off the conversation with these heartfelt words from Jen: No matter the question, LOVE is the answer.
Purchase the book Power of A Peaceful Woman: https://www.jenniferforster.com/product-page/the-power-of-a-peaceful-woman
Also available internationally here:https://www.barnesandnoble.com