Katie and special guest expert, Bridget Jensen from Better Bedtime sit down to discuss the often highly undervalued action of sleep! After struggling with the effects that lack of sleep cause when her first child was born, Bridget dove into this world of rest, educating herself and creating a business helping all ages (from infants to the elderly) with creating good sleep hygiene so we can all be our best selves.
Some things we discuss in this weeks episode:
- Sleep training and how it can empower you
- Why sleep is important for children and adults (the impacts on our physical and mental health)
- Creating self awareness around sleep
- How our society and mindset effect our sleep
- The importance of stillness (and how to practically incorporate it)
- The connection between sleep and our self worth
- Determining what the right amount of sleep is for you
- The facts around you and sleep
- How to set yourself up for good quality sleep
- What studies show in the difference even an hour can make in your sleep
- Weekday vs weekend sleep
- saying no and sleep boundaries
- Naps – yay or nay?
Bridget Jensen owner of Better Bedtime, Waterloo Region’s leading sleep improvement team. They are a full-service sleep consulting firm that offers corporate workshops for businesses and organizations, sleep training for families and one-on-one sleep coaching for individuals. Bridget’s calm and supportive demeanour are beneficial while working with families, individuals and workplaces all over Ontario and beyond. She is dedicated to helping people get the rest they need, so they can feel at their best during the day.
You can learn more about Bridget and her teams services here:
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love to hear about it. Take a screenshot and post it to Instagram, with hashtag #BeingYouPodcast and please tag us, @susanjdeans and @katiekahvo.
We would also love it if you left a review at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/being-you-podcast/id1450208785